Many times you wonder about that, Should I learn Symfony or Laravel?
Let answer that with comparison.
Symfony can be used for rapid development and complex projects. Even though there is a debate on which framework is better for complex projects, Symfony does showcase brilliant complexity handling compared to other frameworks. I have listed out some amazing benefits come across with Symfony are..
- Best documentation with examples for many use cases.
- While Laravel is no doubt growing strong at the time, Symfony is getting increasingly thought the industry standard though. Thus, a lot of high profile companies today are searching for Symfony developers. A number of great companies can offer you some great opportunities with Symfony.
- In Symfony2 you use .yml files with a concise syntax for defining anything from services to routes to extensions. The config is also separated into multiple files located exactly where you expect them to be.
- Symfony also teaches you to build some larger applications in the way. Thus, it constantly forces you to get familiar with such things as MVC and Inversion of Control. And this certainly boosts your development skills even higher. Some can argue Laravel does this, too, but no one would deny Laravel greatly draws on Symfony concepts and, thus, Symfony certainly take these much farther.
- Laravel is simpler, focused more on individual programmer; while Symfony is more robust and focus rather on bigger scale projects.
- Symfony provides reusable component reducing overhead costs. There are many reusable components that will make your life easier.
- Last but not the list. Laravel itself uses many symfony2 components. 🙂
More comparison you can find here!