The release of WordPress 4.9 on November 14th, 2017
1. Save Customizer Changes As Draft And Share Via Link:
WordPress 4.9 lets you change that by:
* Saving WordPress Customizer changes as a draft
* Letting you schedule Customizer changes to go live at a future date
* Discarding draft changes with the click of a button
2. Install Themes From The WordPress Customiser:
Another tweak to the WordPress Customizer is the ability to install WordPress.org themes from the Customizer.
3. Create Menus In A More User Friendly Way:
Another smaller Customizer tweak is a rework of how you create menus from the Customizer. Again, there aren’t new features here, but the process has been completely reworked to make it more user friendly.
4. The New Gallery Widget:
It will allow you to create a native WordPress gallery and add it to any widget ready areas.
5. Add Media Support For Text Widgets:
You can now use the normal Add Media button to insert media content into regular text widgets.
6. Better Code Editing Experience:
WordPress 4.9 will bring a much better code editing experience. You will see an enhanced code editor while editing code in custom CSS, theme editor, or plugin editor.
This code editor comes with syntax highlighting, code suggestions, and auto-completion.